About the Campus Ambassador Position
We are looking for a strong candidate to work remotely in the US or Canada and join us part-time. This internship will last approximately 12-16 weeks.
OffWeGo is looking for a student who is interested in taking their communications, marketing, and entrepreneurship interests outside the classroom. The Marketing & Events Intern will be an excellent communicator who is interested in learning and implementing Entrepreneurship 101 best practices.
Campus ambassadors will be our eyes and ears on their campus. You will help us create communities and build new features by finding new user needs. This position is critical to our mission as we iteratively ideate, design, build and test new features with our first users. Ambassadors will also manage OffWeGo's Instagram and TikTok accounts on their school, and find new marketing opportunities.
- You will design and spearhead our student expansion strategy
- Build a community and network of users
- Find new marketing and partnership opportunities.
- Manage OffWeGo's social media on your campus.
- Use a variety of distribution channels to promote OffWeGo to our students, admin, and other users
- Work with key internal stakeholders to support the development of Events Marketing and Social Media Marketing programs
- Assist in the organization & creation of online webinars and other media for international education and other industry professionals
- Collaborate and network with other OffWeGo interns across the country
- Make an impact on and off-campus by helping peers remain safe while traveling and exploring
- Have a thorough understanding of our products and brand, as well as employing word of mouth or referral marketing techniques
- All majors are welcome!
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Must be a student enrolled at an institution of higher education
- Passion for travel, off-campus studies, study abroad
- Involved in campus community
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Suite (Docs/Slides/Sheets)
- Committed to dedicating 15-20 hours a week on projects
- Candidates must demonstrate confidence, self-sufficiency, competency in conducting independent research and analysis.
- $50 initial bonus
- Great experience to add to your curriculum
- $30 for the first 30 users onboarded (use invite code)
- $50 for the next 50 users.
- Have direct input on the product
- Be part of an early-stage startup
By the end of the internship The Intern will:
- Gain hands-on entrepreneurial experience with a start-up HQ'd in Washington DC
- Experience the practical challenges of working in a start-up environment
- Learn how to leverage their academic strengths and personality, and network to add value OffWeGo
- Have a well-rounded view of the pros and cons of working in a start-up environment
- Have an understanding of the structure of the industry that OffWeGo is operating in, its competitive landscape, and changing dynamics
- Have gained experience working in a start-up environment characterized by fluid job descriptions, changing priorities, flat hierarchies, and high requirements on flexibility and engagement
- Have gained experience with the difficulties in managing time and expectations, negotiating tradeoffs, and prioritizing tasks in an ever-changing environment
- Be able to reflect on their personal and professional abilities
REMOTE OK - Depending on institution and requirements, OffWeGo will work with schools to assure college credit can be awarded. Opportunity for referral program based on student adoption and engagement - more students you refer, more you're compensated.
OffWeGo is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. OfffWeGo does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.